Okay, so it has strawberries on it, but at least it wasn't thrown in my face. Right? Besides, I'll take any award someone wants to toss my way. My thanks to Michelle Griep at Writer Off the Leash for nominating me for the "Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award."
Of course, maybe she felt she had to, after all, she is my critique partner. Hmmm - does that change things? Better not to look too deeply into that. I understand I'm required to share 7 random things about myself and pass the award on to 10 other blogs. So ... here goes...
7 Random Facts About An Author Who Writes Southern-fried Fiction
1. I was raised in the South, albeit it Southern California - it was still the SOUTH. Besides, I got to Georgia as fast as I could, y'all!
2. I don't like Southern sweet tea. Now before y'all throw me out of Dixie, I do like sweet tea, but not so thick that I could pour it on my pancakes.
3. My all-time favorite movie is Young Frankenstein. I know. I'm warped. But remember, my closest friends are imaginary.
4. I was a lobbyist. My credentials included "could persuade a fencepost to vote with her."
5. My brain cells are held hostage by my muse, so while I like to cook I have a dickens of a time thinking up what to cook. That's why the next one is so nice.
6. I have a gourmet for a son, who on occasion will cook for us. (Insert fist pump here.)
7. I was a biker chick in my 20s.
Next Recipients of The Sweet Blog Award (feel free to check them out)